| Thursday, July 5, 2012
Ok, prepare yourselves to be jealous! Jealous, you say? Yes, J-E-A-L-O-U-S because, yes, I got to read and review this terrifically wonderful book that so many are drooling over:
EEEEPPPP!!! It was totally awesome! Ass kicking, feet stomping, hand slapping, tushi shaking AWESOMENESS!
So, without spoilers (wouldn't want to ruin it for you) here is my 5 star review!

Onyx (Lux, #2)Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh yes, I am done...but I don't have time to review right now! I promise to come back tomorrow and tell you all my juicy detail!

Oh Jennifer L. Armentrout, what you do to us!!!
How can I describe what I feel for this book...it was awesome! Different in a way from the first, but just as good! It is so much more in depth with revealing who the characters are, at least Daemon and Katy. It made me laugh, cry, jump out of my seat with anticipation of what would happen next. And, as with the first, Jennifer keeps us on the edge of our seats, wondering what will happen, and adding twists and turns you just do not see coming. It is paced perfectly and keeps you wanting to come back and pick it up (or not put it down).
In all honesty, I wasn't expecting Jennifer to be able to kick it up a notch. I mean, how could you outdo perfection, right. But she did it.
This story takes place right after the ending of Obsidian, which is nice because it didn't feel like I missed anything or like it moved forward without me being there! Katy and Daemon continue their "friendship"
The banter and tension between Katy and Daemon is still there, but I noticed that Daemon has changed a bit. He is more understanding, he is more emotional, but he's still got his jerk, "douchebag" tendencies. After all, we wouldn't want him to change completely from the Daemon we've grown to know and love, right? And we meet a new character, Blake, who just makes that tension between Katy and Daemon all more gripping. And is Blake hot??? OF COURSE HE IS! Katy is one lucky little woman!
And the language...the ways Jennifer finds to describe things in the boo: craptastic and dickdom. And she's not afraid to let the characters curse, which makes them even more real considering they are supposed to be teenagers and all!
If you think you know what's going to happen, you are SO WRONG! It is even better than what you think. And, if you think you're going to meet new characters who make you wonder, yup, that's in there, too!
So, do I give this book a 5, OF COURSE I DO! I just love these characters, this plot, this action, this suspense, and everything else that this book offers.
I can't believe I have to wait so long for the next installment....it's gonna kill me!!!

View all my reviews

1 comments:

  1. I am SOOO jealous! Can't wait to read this one. I haven't read a JLA book I didn't love!

    ReplyDelete

Next Prev
▲Top▲