Good morning all! I have been fortunate enough to have been tagged by Kari's Crowded Bookshelf for the Liebster Award! I’m very excited about this. Here are the rules of the award:
Basically it is an award given to bloggers who currently have under 200 followers. The award winners are to: (a) share eleven facts about themselves
(b) answer eleven questions asked by the blogger who tagged them.
(c) come up with their own set of eleven questions to ask bloggers and
(d) tag eleven bloggers who they think are worthy of this award.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I’m 41 years old
2. I have three kids, all boys, 8 ½, 5 ½ and 3. My house is BUSY!
3. I am a native New Yorker, Brooklyn, actually. Yep, that’s right, I got that accent going on!
4. I met my husband on Match.com. Best decision I ever made! 5
. I am a nurse. Not the pass out medications and do a lot of charting nurse, tho. I work in a nursing home doing assessments for Medicare so we can get paid.
6. My favorite color is blue. Any color blue. I just love blue.
7. I could eat pizza every single night for dinner, and when I was pregnant with my first son, I pretty much did!
8. I love to bake. And I’m good at it!
9. I am addicted to reading. I hate that I have to work because I want to just sit at home and read all day long.
10. Nursing is not my first degree. I got my first bachelor’s in English.
11. I am addicted to Supernatural and I think Jared Padelecki is just HOT!
Here are my questions from Kari:
1. What genre of book do you read the most of? Why? Young Adult fiction. It’s interesting, easy to read, and the plots are almost never boring. Plus, it takes me back to when I was a teenager, makes me feel young. And the book boyfriends are usually to die for! LOL!
2. Printed book or eBook? Why? Both. I have a Kindle, with tons of books. And I’m always getting new ones, almost every day. But there is nothing like holding a real book, smelling and touching the pages, turning the pages and using a great bookmark. Plus, I like to have some of my books signed, so I have to have a printed copy, right? And if I really love a book that I read as an ebook, I will more than likely buy it in print, eventually. I love the way my bookshelf looks with all the books lined up side by side (speaking of which, mine is full, must convince my husband to buy a new one, of course I have no place to put it!).
3. What is your favorite book series right now and why? Right now I’m crushing on Lacrimosa (Requiem Series #1) by Christine Fonseca. Her writing is fabulous. The book drew me right in! I cannot wait for the second one to come out this fall. I am also loving the Luxen series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I was fortunate enough to get to read an ARC of this book!
4. Romance in books? Yea or nay? And how much do you think is appropriate? Usually a ney for me, but it really depends. I did read the Fifity Shades of Grey (at least books 1 and 2, haven’t gotten to the third yet). Although, those were mostly sex. I enjoy a good romance, but it really has to be done right, I don’t want to be crying throughout the entire book.
5. Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts (or neither)? Depends on my mood. If I’m feeling cheap, I go to Dunkin’ Donuts. But I’m not a huge fan of their coffee. I love Starbucks, but it’s very pricey, so I rarely get it. Actually, I grind and brew my own coffee in my house, so I hardly ever buy from either store!
6. Who is your favorite villan (book or movie) and why? Professor Snape from the Harry Potter series (books and movies). He is just so evil. The epitome of evil. It just oozes out of him. I loved him in the books and then when they cast Alan Rickman for the part, well, it just cinched it for me. He is PERFECT!
7. If you could be one character from any book, who would it be and why? Hmmm…I think Tris from Divergent series. I want to be a strong heroine, both physically and mentally (although she does have her teen angst moments).
8. If you could change the ending of any book (or series), what book would it be and how would you change it? Right now, the ending of Pandemonium (Delirium #2). I understand the need or even want of a cliffhanger, but OH-M-GEE that one just killed me. I really wanted a bit more closure! LOL!
9. If you could take a vacation (not live there) into any book world, where would it be and why? Oh gosh this one is a hard one. I read so many dystopian books, but there is no way I would want to be in any of those worlds! LOL! There’s too much evil in them! I think I would probably pick some kind of magical world, although a good fantasy book world escapes my mind right now.
10. What is your favorite and least favorite movie based on a book (elaborate please)? Favorite movie is Harry Potter. I really think they did a great job with these films considering there was so much information in the books. I loved the way they captured the world and the characters were cast perfectly, in my opinion. The movies really did make me feel like the books made me feel. Lease favorite movie, Twilight (the first one). Ugh, I hated the way they did this movie. I really liked this book (I know, I know, it wasn’t the best material in the world, but I like the story), and I hated the way the characters were portrayed in the movie. The movie seemed so flat compared to the book.
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Aruba. I love it there. So laid back, always warm with a breeze. I want to live on the beach surrounded by water. And they don’t get hurricanes, so that is a huge plus.
My 11 Questions to you:
1. How do you choose a book to read?
2. How do you acquire your books and what kinds of books do you get (ebooks or print, both)?
3. Do you have a favorite hero/heroine from a book? Who is it and why?
4. If you could write a sequel to a book that was a stand alone, which one would you choose? Why?
5. If you could make a soundtrack for any book, which one would it be and what songs would you choose? 6. If you could pick the cast of your favorite book turned movie, what book and actors would you pick?
7. You’re a new author, tell me how you get people to read your book.
8. If you decided to write a book, what genre would it be and why? Would it be a stand alone or series?
9. How long does it usually take you to read a book?
10. You’ve been thrown into a novel and have to live as the main character, which book is it and why?
11. If you only had one food you could eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Blogs I have tagged:
1. The Book Galaxy
2. Always YA at Heart
3. Sarah's Reviews
4. Britt's Book Nook
5. That Teenage Feeling
7. Crystal Reads
8. The Angel Chronicles
9. Reese's Reviews: My Addiction to Fiction
10. Addicted to Novels
11. I Waffle...I Scribble...Sometimes It Make Sense