Starcrossed and Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

| Friday, March 8, 2013



Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)How do you defy destiny?

Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.

Find Starcrossed


Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)
StarHearts, as fans of Josephine Angelini call themselves, will stay up all night reading Dreamless, the second book in the bestselling Starcrossed series. The saga mixes mythology, romance, action, and intrigue in a completely original way. Dreamless continues the story of Helen Hamilton, a shy girl living on Nantucket Island whose desire for an ordinary life was thwarted when she discovered she is a Scion, a descendant of a Greek god and a mortal. Each Scion has a power, and Helen's is the ability to travel to Hades. Helen is determined to use her talent to stop a war amongst the gods and change her destiny, which is to live a life patterned after that of the tragic Helen of Troy. But her quest may cost her Lucas Delios, the boy she loves.


Find Dreamless




About Me


Josephine Angelini
I was supposed to be a boy.
At least, my mother was convinced I was going to be a boy when she was pregnant with me. She claimed that I "carried" like a boy, but since I'm the youngest of eight, and I have six sisters and only one beloved brother, it is reasonable to assume that my mother was simply suffering from a massive case of wishful thinking. Whatever the reasons, my parents were so convinced I was going to be a boy they had even decided on a boy name for me—Joseph.
But I'm a girl.
My mother, always a frugal woman, figured, why throw out a perfectly good name just because the gender's wrong? She put a handy "ine" on the end of Joseph, and I'm rather glad she did. I like my name, or at least I realize it could have been much worse. They could have been planning on calling me Ralph or something. Not much you can do with Ralph.
I grew up surrounded by women.
And not just normal, average women, either. My sisters are, without exaggeration, a pack of Amazons. They are all tall. They have masses of thick hair, gigantic smiles, ringing laughs, and unfortunately for me, they all have fiery tempers. You see—I'm not only the youngest, but the smallest as well. I also happen to be a natural wiseass. Not a healthy combination.
Lucky for me, I'm fast.

Author photo: Theo and Juliet

Find the Author



My Review: 5 Stars

OMG I love these books! I so cant wait until May for Goddess to come out!  If I get an ARC I will edit this review to include it.   I have been neglecting my bookshelves  instead of reading things I had for review.  So since my site was murdered by blogger and is still not up.  AND I got most of my books done that I needed to review. I thought why not start on some of the books I own to read.  And I was so happy that this one ended up being the first choice.  I LOVE greek mythology and this one I just ate up.  I finished both books in a few days and I want MORE!!!!!

Ok separate Review time:

My Review: Starcrossed

The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because of a lot of editing mistakes. Other than that. This book has a lot of things that are found in other books. It has a little of the Mortal Instruments, a little Twilight, a little of the Goddess Test series and a whole lotta of its own yummyness!!! I can't believe I wanted so long to read this series. Can't start book 2 until we'd wend it shows up. But OMG I so can't wait for book 2 and then book 3 in May. This is deaf a series that once you start you will cry if you have to stop.

My Review: Deamless

OMG book 2 was even better than book 1.  I still cant believe that I hasnt read these yet!!!  In Starcrossed Lucas was always saving Helen!  In Dreamless Helen really comes into her own and starts standing up for herself.  So although this series really does have elements from other stories I have read.  This one is the best of all of them!!  I so cant wait to see what happens in Goddess and I still hope to get an ARC!!!  I love Greek stories and I so LOVE the spin that Angelini put on the Greek Gods. 

So from Everneath, The Goddess Test, eT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲