Review: Born of Fire (A Channeler Novella) by Heather McCorkle

| Sunday, September 9, 2012
I picked up this little beauty for free and I'm SO glad I did!

Blurb from Goodreads:
The story of the night Aiden was born has never been told, until now. Fleeing the Hunters, Kevan and Shannon O'Reilly find their way to Spruce Knoll Colorado, assuming they'll be safe in America. Their unborn son is special, even for a druid, or a channeler as the American's like to call their kind. But why the Hunters, people who are sworn to keep their kind safe, are after them is a mystery. All they know is that if they don't outrun them they'll be killed. 
Trouble has followed them to Spruce Knoll and just when it seems it may be too late, they discover the true reason why.

I just finished To Ride a Puca last week and loved it. So I thought I would throw myself into this novella last night to get a taste of what the other Channeler novels are like and, WOW, I am so glad I did. I loved this short look into the channelers! It totally made me want to pick up the next one in the series. There was just not enough to this novella and it has me biting at the bit to see what happens next!

The cover to this little beauty is AMAZING! I knew the story of the knot from Puca, so when I picked this up, I completely understood why it would be on the cover. I am still interested to know what exactly the knot signifies. 

The introduction of Adien and his birth was great. Although, I am sure had I not read To Ride A Puca, I would not have understood so well what was happening as far as their powers were concerned. I am in love with the fantasy theme of these books!

Thanks for peaking my interest even more, Ms. McCorkle! Your writing is awesome and I can't wait to find out more about Aiden!!!

5 out of 5 Stars

Review also posted on the following sites:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/born-...
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...
http://www.librarything.com/work/1228...

2 comments:

  1. How sweet, thank you! I'm so glad you liked it. I hope you enjoy the rest of the books in the series just as much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I am sure I will, if this and Puca are anything to gauge it by!!!

      Delete

Next Prev
▲Top▲