Review: Fire With Fire (Demonblood Series #2) by Penelope King

| Thursday, May 31, 2012
Fire with FireFire with Fire by Penelope King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just love these books! Review to come in a bit...
So, I loved this book just as much as the first one. It kept me turning the pages and not wanting to put it down. I love when a book can do this: capture your attention so much that you really just need to find out what happens next.
This book is a great mix of action, adventure and romance.
Once again we see the world from both Liora's (human) and Lucky's (demon) POVs. In this sequel to A Demon Made Me Do It (Demonblood #1) Liora/Lucky are on a quest to find Kieron, who has disappeared. At first, both believe he has left because he did not love them, but it turns out he was captured by the enemy. And this enemy has it out for Liora/Lucky. So she, along with her best friend Bones and a few other Hell Hounds, make their way to find him. We also meet some new characters in Tristin, who Liora falls for but can't understand why when she knows she still loves Kieron, and his sister Cassie, who dislikes Liora from the start. Eventually it is revealed that Tristin and his gang are anything but human and want nothing more than to destroy Liora and her demon side.
This book draws you in right away. It's so great to be able to really see the difference between Liora and Lucky. And it's amazing the way King can actually keep them separated and believable.
Unfortunately, we lose one of the characteres I love the most, Bones. But not before Lucky gives in for her total love for him. And I can see that he is not going to be forgotten in future books, he will always be permanently part of Liora/Lucky's life.
This book takes some nice twists and turns. We learn more about Tatiana's powers and really feel her love for Liora/Lucky. We once again are fooled into thinking Liora has found something great, which turns out to be evil. People Lucky thought she could trust turn on her. And we watch Liora grow into a stronger woman, who fights for what she feels is right and what she needs.
I really have nothing that I did not like in this book. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to read about demons and romance. I cannot wait for the next inastallment!
I give this book a 4/5 as I did the first one.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Next Prev
▲Top▲